Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

New Guy In Missouri

774 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Yonash 
#1 ·
Hey all! My wife and I just moved from England back to the US, and are in Western Missouri. Needed some wheels for cheap while we wait for our other car to get shipped back, and to serve as the second family ride once it's here. Search began, and this is how it ended:

vv Click Me! vv

1999 Forester L, 5 speed, about 180k miles. She runs great, and made it home in the snow like a champ! Little bit of rust on the rear arches I'll have to remove and patch up, and a few dings here and there, but what can you expect for a car cheap enough to buy cash on military E-4 pay? I'm not complaining!

Looking forward to getting to know the car and make use of the extensive knowledge on offer here!

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome. Where in western MO are you? Quite a few newer Subarus these days, ones from 1999 are rarer.

Hope it serves you well. As soon as weather permits, I'd start at least changing fluids and making sure all the maintenance is done. I assume you did not pay a lot, and know full well that if a major component dies, like engine or tranny, you may as well just scrap her. But fingers crossed that day will not come for a long time.....

#6 ·
Thanks. I'm stationed at Whiteman AFB. Car is doing well so far aside from a few little issues here and there, but nothing seems too critical. Yeah didn't pay much for it, but I'm not opposed to putting wrench time and some money into it. If the current drive train ever craps out on me I'd like to do a bug eye WRX swap or something with it. From what I understand it's rather straight forward, aside from the wiring. We shall see how she gets along, but yes, will certainly be doing all fluids, filters, plugs, wires and such at a minimum come spring.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.