Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

I've got three of these things, figured I should join the site...

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Mrs_Foz 
#1 ·
Hey all,

A little about me...My name is Matt, I'm 20, live in New Hampshire and I'm a mechanical engineering student. I ski, mountain bike, climb, ride my motorcycle and do rally photography among other activities. In fact I'll be at Show-Me Rally in Potosi, MO in about a week taking pictures for BRAKIM Racing so feel free to find me and say hello if you'll be there! You may have also met me while volunteering at Black River Stages or New England Forest Rally over the last few years :)

I've had Subarus since I got my license and bought my 2000 Forester for a daily, it's not got 218K on it and I figured it was time to retire it from daily duties so I picked up a 2004 Forester XT the other day :) My other Forester is a 1998 that is currently being converted into a dedicated Rally-X car and possibly winter drift missile.

A few photos of my rides:

Besides taking photos of cars and driving them, I also enjoy working on them. I've done a lot of work on my subies and friends; from brakes to headgaskets and almost anything in between. I'm also in the process of designing a 5 speed dog gear set, but more on that in a separate thread.

I'll leave you with some subaru photos I shot at my last event, enjoy!

See less See more
#11 ·
Welcome, Matt! When I saw the BRS pics I remembered stopping to check your media credentials; nice pics, btw! I was driving an '02 Rex wagon at BRS, but just joined here after buying my son's Forester. Any chance you can give us a word on Brakim's time frame for the Lambo conversion? Best wishes.

#12 ·
Thanks, I had a blast at BRS. Were you one of the course openers? I believe I remember you checking them and making sure everything was in order :)

As for the Brakimghini...I'll hopefully have more information this week, I'm flying into Chicago on Friday for Show-Me rally.

The car has the custom BRAID wheels on it and lots of carbor fiber parts are at the garage, I also believe the seats are in. The cage fabrication is going to be tricky in that car though. I think the current plan is to get the car ready for ESPR if there is funding and time. I also believe it will be running 2WD.

Right now I believe the main focus is on the 318ti chassis. There's a 6 speed sequential box on the way, the motor will be built by VAC and should push ~70hp more than the current car has in it. On top of that the 318 is a lot lighter. In it's stock form it's 400 pounds lighter than the current car is in race form...so with a few hundred pounds less, an extra gear and sequential shifter (vs the current dog box) and 70 more HP it should be a crazy little car and I believe it will be making a run for the national title in RA 2WD.

Hopefully I'll see you out at some events, I'll be at STPR for sure this year :)

Oh, here's a pic of the Brakimghini with the BRAID wheels on it...

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.