Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Fozzie noob but not new to Scoob

818 views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  08vtwrx 
#1 ·
Just wanted to pop in and say howdy, I've recently purchased an 03 Forester X and plan on some minor mods to increase usefulness and looks a bit.
She's my dd so I'm not going bananas,(famous last words) yet I do plan on grabbing something else hopefully within the next year as a 'fun car' to build up and break. :biggrin:

I've been in Burlington, Vermont now for almost 2yrs, from Orlando Florida, and the car culture here seems to be emerging a little more than it was a couple years ago. Even though there are some deep Subaru roots here.

I will say right off that I am amazed at the size of SF.org, I truly didn't expect to be overwhelmed by this much info and 30K+ members..

Thanks for having me.

In the past, as far as just my Subaru history I've owned an old 80's GL sedan, a 3-Cylinder Justy, and on 01RS. Sadly I only have a couple pics left of the RS, and the 03 Forester isn't much to post pics of, just a stock Fozzie; But still, I figured you'd like them.

---- I don't have 15 posts yet, so idk how I'll post pics, or I just won't, until I hit 15.. :icon_razz:

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the forum from Oregon. :biggrin:

Congratulations on the new Forester from another '03 X owner. :cool: As to posting pictures or links. You're required to have 15 posts to link to a host (to prevent spamming), but you can attach pictures (thumbnails) now. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

#5 ·
Thanks Bobby..I will probably just wait until I can post links via IMG tags, since the 2 pics of my X are already on Photobucket.

I was actually looking through your journal yesterday, nice work sir.

I am definitely curious about the STi seats as I am 6'4" 250lbs and the oem seats are a bit too narrow.
How are they Sti's as far as width? I suppose I could find an answer to that if I searched..

#6 ·
Thanks! Sharing or experiences in our Member Journals is great fun! You should consider starting your own Member Journal. It's a great place to put all the stuff you do to you Forester. :wink:

Yes, I'd wait until you get your required 16 post & use the images from your Photobucket account. Way easier than messing with thumbnail attachments!

As to the STi seats, they actually seem narrower to me & have very stout side support. They fit my butt, so I'd recommend them! :cool:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

#7 ·
I don't need as much side bolstering as I'm not going to be blistering through any corners anytime soon. I may search through the rest of the Subaru line for a seat that has a bit wider seat bottom.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.