Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

"It doesn't seem real." My first subaru. 05 XT.

677 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  zBamza 
#1 ·
Hello everyone and thank you for having these Subaru forums. My name is Jared in I recently bought a 2005 Subaru XT. I've been wanting a Subaru for a very long time and now it seems like a dream when I drive it. Although she is a beauty queen I look forward to keeping her clean and giving her a rugged makeover. Although I have a spirit for speed I am currently located on the island of Kawai in the state of Hawaii so there is not much roadracing here. But there is plenty of beaches and back road trails.

As soon as I bought the Subaru I did a complete clean on the vehicle inside and out I will post pictures soon I seem to be having problems with that right now. My radiator is leaking right now and when I checked under the coolant I found residue from stop leak solution therefore I am doing the radiator, thermostat, and while I'm underneath the vehicle the timing belt and pulleys as well. I will take pictures and keep everyone posted also I plan on doing a little bit of video and posting it on YouTube for further instructions I hope my project goes as planned so it can be used as a useful resource for everyone.

Thank you for the introduction and it's a pleasure to be a part of the Subaru family now.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
Thanks for the responses. I'm originally from Arkansas, but have traveled a lot of place. I'm just a big DIY kind of guy.
Monday I tore into my forester doing the Gates timing belt water pump kit. Good news is it well... Right up until I double checked everything. I was 1 timing belt notch off. I had just got done dealing with the left side which didn't seem to have any tension in the camshaft pulley or the pulley below it so I gave just a little bit of slack, touched the tension pulley the WHAM!! It spun on me. :icon_cry:
After an hour of trying to get it lined up I gave up... Help!!! I'll be talking to the local community college shop teacher on getting the right tools to get it done but, could someone point me in the right direction?

Attachments

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.