It is attached to the car on the same mounts as the front tow points (the plate in the first picture was made to use the same bolts, and then it was welded to the light bar).
Unfortunately, this winter I hit a patch of black ice in a parking lot and smacked the lightbar up against a curb (luckily not another car!). I'm glad it was there though as without it I think it would have smashed the bumper up and could have broken the A/C and radiator mounts. Damage shown below:
It doesn't look too bad in the picture, but it's bent pretty far in, and the whole thing is tweaked enough that I couldn't get the hood open (it used to have about 1" gap for the hood release). It's also made of roll bar tubing, so bending it isn't easy.
Fortunately, I've got it mostly fixed again!
We ended up having to cut out the crushed section, and bend each end back to weld a new piece in the middle. Bending each end back was difficult, and we ended up finally being able to do it with some clever strapping in the back of a flatbed truck and a hi-lift jack. We had some leftover metal from making the light bar in the first place, which we were able to use to make a repair section. In the attached pictures you can see it cut and ready to weld.
After getting the new section welded back in, all it needs is to have the mounting plates re-welded so the bar isn't hitting the hood (They definitely shifted a bit in the impact) and a new coat of paint.
My plan after that is to bolt on a sheet of aluminum underneath it as a skid plate, so hopefully there will be more to come here soon!