Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

finally got the fozzy lifted�.tintfreak's journal

('01-'02) 
90K views 109 replies 48 participants last post by  Type2 
#1 · (Edited)
finally got the fozzy lifted….tintfreak's journal

:wink2:king springs with XT struts...
3" strut spacers with 235/75/15 mud claws...
bassett DOT wheels with 3" backspacing to clear the spring perch...
and a little massaging the lower fenderwels...

before and after...

Attachments

See less See more
#19 · (Edited)
Did you already have the 5x114.3 hubs or did you use conversion spacers?
EDIT: I just found the Bassett DOT in 5x100. So no conversion necessary. :Banane35:

I like that look. :catfight:
very nice, how much of a spacer you need to clear the strut perch?
I was curious about that also, with a 3" offset that pushes it out a lot. OEM is +48mm(+1.89inches), so a -3 offset puts the tire almost 5 inches out. If you have conversion spacers on top of that that's 5.5-6". That's a lot of stress on our little 5x100 hub and bearings.

Not saying there is anything wrong with the setup, just bearing replacements will be more frequent.

EDIT: I just realized its a 3" backspace not offset (offset is measured from center of wheel, backspace is from outer lip). So asuming a 7" Rim that is about a -27mm offset. so only 21mm wider stance.

I suppose I should re-read posts and start researching before I ask silly questions. :icon_eek:

#11 · (Edited)
well...
as far as rubbing lock to lock there defiantly is some, but not terrible.
i had to ditch the front factory mud flaps and trim a little of the inner bumper bottom and message the pinch weld.
BUT it will be well worth it to have the extra ground clearance and TRACTION.

stay tuned....
winch bumper and REAR spare tire rack are next!

Attachments

#17 ·
as for how much i have invested...(tires/wheels included).... I think too much.
but the strut top spacers i got from ( subaruguy72 ) he's on here some where just PM him.
he does great work and is VERY reasonable with cost, but i will tell you he takes his time.

i really wanted to put sum aggressive tires on the fozy and do some forest service roads....and thats where this all started : )

as for the RPMs at speed... i will have to get back to you. (the speedo reads 6mph slower)

thanks for all the comments folks!
i will post sum more pix soon!

#20 ·
but the strut top spacers i got from ( subaruguy72 ) he's on here some where just PM him.
he does great work and is VERY reasonable with cost, but i will tell you he takes his time.
So, this is a problem. Dealing with non-vendors via pm on production pieces is not allowed. The staff will need to look into this. Nice rig though. That looks like a lot of fun.

#24 ·
More questions.
Reading the website it says these need special 45° angle lug nuts (which really don't cost much). Did you buy the special lug nuts?

They also say the wheels need to be balanced using a lug center adapter. Did you have to have this done?
I assume since they're DOT complaint the rim lip is shaped so that a standard wheel weight will clip on.

#29 · (Edited)
it took about 2 weeks to get the wheels.
they are custom made to your dimensions.
im not sure about the inside diameter, but the 15" will not clear WRX calipers.
AND
research the lug nuts!!
45 degree chamfer ONLY and the only place i could find them was KRCracing.com in 12X1.25 they are made of aluminum SO installation and removal ONLY BY HAND, NO POWER TOOLS......torque to 70lbs.

Attachments

#31 ·
the stock wrx 2-pot calipers are the same as the (03-08 foresters). most 15 wheels will not clear the front calipers (a select few) and might require some caliper grinding. the 4/2 pot calipers will clear some 16" wheels with the right offset.

do a simple google search and you will find your answer.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.