Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Tribeca...

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Peaty 
#1 ·
Why do people drive them?

Go.

#3 ·
Forester.....why do people drive them....Go!

Okay...seriously though.....I almost bought a Tribeca back in 2005 (it was called the B9 Tribeca back then)....I instead went with a Nissan Murano which I had for a few years......I liked the Tribeca...but quite honestly....I really don't remember why I didn't get it.....I think I liked the Murano styling more and it was a more smooth drive?

#8 ·
We bought a 2009 Tribeca - why? Because hubby thought my OB was too small and because we were planning long road trips. Sits higher than OB.

It was gorgeous and the most luxurious thing Subaru makes - but As it turned out it was a bad move - seats were uncomfortable as all get out for me, but it did not have third row seats, (no thanks) it lacked power and felt like we were driving somebody elses car. Don't have it anymore and don't miss it.

#10 ·
We had one from 2006 to 2012. Replaced our 2002 OB VDC wagon with it. It was my wife's ride and she liked it a lot. Better in the snow than our OB most likely due to the weight and the VDC / VTD AWD system. I always find it interesting that people who never drove or lived with one for any amount of time say rag on them so much.

Ours never gave us any real trouble and on long trips it was very comfortable. We got it because we needed the extra room and extra seats on occasion. We'd need to move the kids and their friends around from time to time. Both my wife and I did not want a minivan. For us with two small kids (at the time) it was perfect. We didn't need to put anything on top when we traveled far like we did with the Outback. There was more room inside for our stuff. Remember the Outback back then was smaller inside than the Tribeca, now the OB has seemed to get larger to me. The biggest negative was the MPG's compared to the Outback but it was pretty much on par with the other 7 seat vehicles in 2006. Once the kids got bigger, and started driving on their own we went back to the Outback. I sold it to a friend and they are still driving it around :)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.