Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Installing Cobb AP v2 question

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  2.5x_sleeper 
#1 ·
In the install instructions, it says to plug in the green test connector and put the key in position two and then proceed with the install-- plug in the OBDII connector, etc, but it does not say to disconnect the green test connectors. Do you leave them plugged in? do you disconnect after the initial test is run? do you just keep them plugged in? what's the deal?
Thanks,
Chris

#5 ·
I have the AP-SUB-003 & that video is entirely wrong for my installation! I had to contact COBB support to verify which to do. Follow the inclosed installation instructions, or their video. :confused:

They wrote back: "You should follow the directions in your installation instructions. The green test mode connectors are not used for installing the AP-SUB-003 part number."

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

#6 ·
Follow the inclosed installation instructions, or their video. :confused:

They wrote back: "You should follow the directions in your installation instructions. The green test mode connectors are not used for installing the AP-SUB-003 part number."

Bobby...

My MODding Journal
LOL. The written instructions didn't say what to do with the connectors. It was in the video, but then the video said to do it differently at the end of the install than what it said to do on the AP unit itself...

All said and done, it's not hard to do and for 15 minutes work I netted a modest gain and a rough idle on the stock map...

Guess I'll have to get the exhaust hung and bump it up some more on the Stage II map, that'll straighten it all out!

Thanks again for your help.
Chris

#7 ·
I loaded the Stage1 map & it did improve performance. It also gave me some CEL codes on WOT, the first ever! From what I've heard, that's not uncommon. :frown:

The plan now is to get a dyno protune to have custom maps made for my build. :cool:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.