Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

2014 - Picture Thread

999K views 2K replies 330 participants last post by  kiwisubienoob 
#1 ·
I think since a lot of new people are getting their 2014s we should start posting pictures of them. I'm loving some of the other colors that I am seeing.

:woohoo:

#1,712 ·
Thank you, the Loadwarrior is def worth the purchase. From carrying camping gear to carrying a fullsize spare with the Yakima bracket, its the most practical mod for sure. There is very minor windnoise at 110km/h on the empty basket, however with the tire its more noticeable. To be fair, I have come from a 94 Twin Turbo Legacy with minimal noise insulation and a 3" catback. I found the forester way to quiet stock, with the basket added a hint of noise, the tire is pretty liveable. Ive also done a 2.5" STI Catback with Nameless Mufflers and its even louder then the Legacy on WOT but quieter on cruise and idle. but if you mean drag as in RPM's/milage... maybe eating up an extra 1 L/100KM's. However the piece of mind for the full size spare and carrying capabilities outweighs the extra fuel costs.

Grill was originally dipped along with the fog bezels. The dragonflies and bugs ate through it fairly quick. I grabbed some 3M DiNoc Carbon Wrap and did it up. Took a week doing a piece a night or so. Slow process and its not perfect but decent enough I can live with. Pinstripe is some vinyl hand laid in there. Easy to apply and can be gotten in many colours.

#1,720 ·
I love the tree silhouettes! That's my favorite thing about your car! I had Zach Ahn in SLC, UT do my vinyl wrap. He's really cool, and works super hard. He's like 23, and owns his own garage that is bad***! I wrapped the chrome siding, the chrome around the badges (front/back), the grill, fog lights, tinted the brakelights completely red, and pinstriped the front and back. Looks nice with the chrome murdered out! I'll get better pictures with a real camera soon.

Attachments

#1,732 ·
I can't believe the spouse went along with this new car hobby!

Here's what we've done so far.

Skid Plates. 3/16” custom by Primitive Racing: front/radiator, mid/transmission, rear/differential.
Brush Bar. 1” steel custom by Primitive Racing: through-bumper with bull bar.
Rear Bar. 1.75” steel custom by Primitive Racing: through-bumper.
Rock Sliders. 1” steel custom by Primitive Racing: bolt-on, between tire.
Mudflaps. By Rally Armor.
Roof Cargo Rack. By Curt. OEM side-bars. Did not install cargo rack wing.
Lift Kit. 1.1” Kings Spring/Shock combo.
Wheels. 17 x 7.5” Sparco rally rims. 48mm offset. Powdercoat in matte black.
Tires. Yokohama 225/65/R17 All Terrain. Muteki SR48 lugs.
Winch. 4,500 pound integrated front winch by Super Winch.

Attachments

#1,734 · (Edited)
I think the rock sliders were custom bolt on. At the least made custom to fit a bolting location. I'll ask when we see him for the next checkup.

We were told the bars could definitely take a person's full weight (like for a step bar) but that they would not recommend we use it as a jack-up point where it held up the whole car. I've accepted that they'll probably only take one good strike before needing to be replaced, but am hopeful it's enough to save the rocker panel when I hear the sliders scrape rock.

When we chose them he gave the option of a weld-on for the rock sliders. Then they could be used for jack-up point but I really didn't think it was necessary. The front and back bars are welded in to the bumper framework so they can bear up to the tolerance of the weld or the 1" steel tubing.

#1,739 ·
IIRC

A lift won't change the geometry enough to prevent any rubbing.

With that said, I do rub on compression in the rear and compression while turning in the front. Other than that she is pretty good. Nothing a heat gun or more rubbing won't fix :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.