Subaru Forester Owners Forum - View Single Post - Anyone regret purchasing their Forester a little bit?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
sliksal02
Forum Member

Car Year: 2016
Car Model: FXT Premium
Anyone regret purchasing their Forester a little bit?

I think I bought the wrong car. And it has as much to do with me as it does with the Forester.

Me:

- single, don't need all this space

- not really outdoorsy, so I don't take this on trips to the mountains or anything. Though I'd like to, it's not something I do or have done.

- I really miss not having a manual transmission.

- I live in CA, so we don't get bad weather.The benefits of the AWD are vastly overstated for me.

Car:

- even though I have the XT, the engine is sluggish unless you're in S# or S.

- the ride is bumpy, the car already rattles in places at 6500 miles

- the CVT transmission is just the most boring thing. I drove my dad's '99 Accord the other day and was pleasantly surprised by the ebbs and flows of the motor. 1999!

- the cheap, plastic-y interior shows scratches and skid marks if you so much as rub against it

- some concern about the longevity of the turbo and some alarm at how frequently Subaru engines and transmissions fail.

Some of it is definitely ignorance on my part--I didn't know much about turbos or AWD before buying, and I'm still learning even now. But the other stuff is just a slow realization that maybe I'm not at the place in my life where I need a car like this. First world problems, for sure, and I'm definitely grateful that I drive a brand new car that moves me around comfortably and safely. But I don't really have another outlet for verbalizing these concerns, nor an audience that might relate.

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome