Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Preacher's '04 XT

100K views 626 replies 75 participants last post by  preacher 
#1 · (Edited)
Here is a rundown of my 2004 XT Premium (AT :Banane28:) in Sierra Gold Metallic. We bought her new, summer of 2004 at Big Valley in Sherman Oaks. Intentionally bought as the wifes, until I slowly manipulated it into the work of art that she now doesn't understand...:Banane36:!!

Engine/Exhaust
301/279 @ 21psi (91 octane)
Cobb AP v2 (hardwired)
Blouch td06 20G XT 8cm (coated)
Grimmspeed EWG bracket
Grimmspeed High flow crosspipe & p&p manifold (coated and wrapped) 02-05 WRX/STI
Grimmspeed AOS
Grimmspeed EWG up pipe & dump tube (coated and wrapped)
Tial V-Band EWG 38mm
Witchhunter modded 840cc injectors
Prodrive EBCS
Hallman MBC
Helix 3" catted dp (heatwrapped)
Vibrant 3" resonator
Stromung 3'' catback exhaust
STI TMIC
Perrin CAI (black)
Perrin turbo inlet (black)
Walbro fuel pump
Kartboy engine pitch mount
Kartboy exhaust hangers (pink)
Samco intercooler & radiator hoses (black)
Koyo aluminum radiator
Crucial racing thermostat
Redline water wetter
Prodrive battery tie down (gold)
Subtle-Solutions alternator cover (black)
Subtle-Solutions radiator shroud (black)
Subtle-Solutions splitter
Subtle-Solutions dress-up bolts (red)
Subtle Solutions hood struts
Plasti-dipped engine caps (black)
Hella horns (black)
Paranoid Fabrications grounding kit (red)
Tomei timing belt guide
04 STI oil pan and dip tube

Suspension
Tein GT Wagon coil overs with EDFC (6k/5k)
Cusco front sway bar 23mm
Cobb rear sway bar (22-24-26)
Cobb heavy duty rsb mounts
Kartboy f&r end links
Kartboy rear differential outrigger bushings (comfort)
GT Spec 3pt. fender brace
STI Aluminum Lateral links (polished)
Mo-Boost llws spacers for KB endlinks
STI lower arm bar
E-bay double tube front strut bar (powder coated black)
E-bay h brace with Whiteline ALK spacers
Whiteline steering rack bushings
Whiteline sub-frame lock bolts
Whiteline rear camber bolts
Whiteline Roll centre/bump steer
Whiteline ALK
Whiteline Plus control arm front inner bushing
JDM STI v.7 Aluminum LCA

Brakes
05 WRX front calipers (raised letters) Stoptech Pads, Stoptech slotted rotors
05 LGT rear calipers (black) Carbotech Bobcat pads, Centric Rotors
05 STI master cylinder & booster
Perrin MC brace
Motul RBF 600 fluid
Goodrich stainless steel lines

Exterior
JDM FSTI front end (bumper, grille, fog lights, fog light covers, headlight surrounds)
JDM FSTI rear bumper
JDM 02/03 STI hoodscoop
Subtle-Solutions aero/skid plate 1/8''
Subtle-Solutions license plate delete
Yakima full rack system with bike locks
08 tail lamps
OEM XL sunroof wind deflector
OEM 09 aero windshield wipers
Painted C-pillar (black)
Yellow fog light film
Debadged
Vinyl wrapped roof rails & hatch trim (semi-gloss black)
Headlight ambers cleared/blacked out & led eye brows
LED rear license plate lights
Rally Armor UR mudflaps

Rims/Tires
Black Steelies
Continental Extreme Winter
Muteki extended lugs (black)

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
CONTINUED...

Drivetrain
B&M ATF cooler
Rallitek 4eat transmission mount bushing insert (comfort)
Motul Gear 300 Synthetic Gearbox Oil 75W90
Motul Dexron III Technosynthese Automatic Transmission Fluid
Kartboy rear differential outrigger bushings (comfort)

Interior
JDM FSTI AT pedals (gold) custom dead pedal bracket
JDM FSTI AT shift knob
JDM FSTI seats
Pioneer FH-P8000BT
Alpine amplifier MRP-M450 (custom mount in spare tire)
Kicker CVR-8" subwoofer
Sea-Scooby 8" sub kit
MB Quart DSC-216 6.5" front speakers
Sea-Scooby 6.5" speaker spacers
Prosport premium gauges (boost, oil pressure, trans. temp)
XTP triple gauge pod
OEM rubber floor mats
OEM rear cargo protector
OEM armrest extension
06-08 rear cargo tray/ spare tire delete reinforcement with custom amp mount
Raamat/Ensolite interior
Subtle Solutions ashtray delete (EDFC controller housing)
Subtle Solutions A/C vinyl overlays
Plasti dipped center console, radio bezel, hvac, and shifter trim
Passport 8500 radar detector (hardwired)

Special thanks to the forum, vendors, and friends..close and far. Also, thanks to the members that put up with my obsessive questions, and to the product developers that continue to do extensive R&D on products..keep up the good work.

#11 · (Edited)
Thanks Mark! Us AT's need to stick together!!!:icon_biggrin:

Awesome, how's Jon do'n these days, how's the shop coming along.....I haven't even seen pics yet........still pissed he moved out there and you guys get all his services :biggrin:

I just installed our car seat and base yesterday.....fits great, easy as pie! We are due in a week....:huh:

Congrats man.....on EVERYTHING!
Thanks Scans..

Jon seems to be fitting in S0-Cal very well!! He is killing it here....not only did this area need a good local tuner, we also needed someone that has a license with Cobb to use there software. We have been very limited to who we can get tuned by locally..even though we have people from around the world come here, but who wants a tuner like that? Cobb doesn't want to saturate the market, nor to they want to give any Chad Chadskie the software, just b/c they have a dyno. Cobb is very specific, on who they allow the rights to use their software...lucky for us, he is still very tight with them.

I don't know if you know his lately's, but he came to CA by storm, started by remote tuning at various shops, and finally found himself a nice large space offering full service. Most (if not all) of the local Forrie's have been tuned by him, and he so far is doing a great job!!! As you can see by my prior tune....I wish he would have moved out here sooner.

Here is a lil shot of his shop..
YouTube - Subaru Forester on the Dyno

#16 ·
Still trying to figure out how ya got almost 280hp on the VF39 on the 4eat..everyone one I see only puts out around 250hp on a dynojet.. Your probably also using 91 octane over there too right?

Do you know how he did the pull, did he lock it in "2"? Was kinda hoping the dyno sheet wasn't in MPH but RPMs...I have basically the same exact setup.

Car looks awesome though, enjoy it!:rock:

#17 ·
Still trying to figure out how ya got almost 280hp on the VF39 on the 4eat..
Don't get so hung up on numbers... Dyno's are tuning tools. What's important is that the tune is safe, the curves look good, and the car drives well where it matters - on the street (or track).

But if you really want, one of us can ask Jon what a stock STi does on his dyno. :icon_razz:

#27 ·
Yeah Romi, sorry for the delay...having isuues w/ my camera, or software. I have photos, and some roof rack shots that were requested as well. Will hopefully get em up this week.

The basics are a decent all purpose flap. They do bend/curl after time...guessing from fwy speeds, as I really haven't had a chance to abuse them yet. Fortunately they bend back to there original flat shape very easily. I have thought about getting the urethane ones (most expensive splash guard in the world IMO), or even swapping back to the OEM ones for summer. However, they do look very mean, and really give a look to the car that sets it off as something to not mess with. :evilatyou:

#28 ·
I got the 04 STI rack in, misc. bushings..and tranny temp gauge all fixed up and ready for Subiefest 3 @ Willow springs. Car was running insane, till an ATF hose split ( from gauge sender). This leaked all over the wheel and I abruptly flew off the track... 100 foot sideways powerslide not only pelted me in the face with rocks, but completely filled my car with rocks and pleny of dirt.
Mother nature, teamed up with gravity.... miraculously preventing me from rolling over. I limped the car back on the track, and was notified from a flagger to pull over. I was leaking fluid, and pulled off the track. Once the track was cleaned, and the dripping stopped, I was given the green light to come on in...unfortunately I couldn't...all the ATF fluid was gone.

Towed into the pits, and eventually pulled the sender out, and replaced the entire hose. Filled up with fluid, and puttered around...back in bizz. I was done with driving the track, and exhausted from the 105+ degree heat. 3 blown engines, and a car fire on Sat. had people concerned of the conditions, and most called it quits early. Despite the 3xdigit temps, it was a long but great wknd. We were pitted right next to Ken Block and the Crawford tent, made for some great spectating, and photo's...here are a few.

#31 ·
Thanks Silke... all 5 of the forries there were getting some good attention.

As far as next time...I doubt I will drive the big track again...it was really designed for experienced drivers. Streets of Willow might be more fun, and not so nerve racking.

#36 ·
Yeah no kidding....but with my luck, even Ken Block driving my car wouldn't get me a win. Here is another shot from Subiefest with Brad from Subtle-Solutions car. He ended up winning best Forester in the car show.:catfight:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.