Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

KCEastSparks 2015 FXT

('14-'18) 
6M views 420 replies 37 participants last post by  JonDeeZee 
#1 · (Edited)
Figured I should update this. Here's what we've got so far:

Gorilla Offroad Mud Flaps with 2" red stripe on bottom
JDM Fanatics Vinyl Subaru Badge Overlays.
VHT Nightshades tinted Taillights
Blacked out headlight housing
Red stripe along groove on front end
Plastidipped gloss black grille
Plastidipped copper fog light surrounds
Enkei Tuning Raijin 18x8 Black wheels plastidipped copper
Carbon Fiber tape for window trim chrome delete
Red Hella Supertone Horns with wiring harness.
Rola roof basket

To-do list:
Winter tires/maybe wheels
Cusco Front Strut Bar
Whiteline Rear Sway Bar
WRX/STi Steering wheel
Invidia N1
Full headlight retro
Projector fog lights

Before second coats of copper metalizer on the wheel.

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats! Nice list so far.

I would recommend rear sway bar. Stock is 24mm front and 16mm rear. Bring up the rear anywhere between 19-22mm and your ride will improve dramatically. Overall, the ride will feel more balanced and take away some swaying around turns. It doesn't take all the swaying but it helps towards it.

#8 ·
Dealership Blues

Man I have never had such a hard time purchasing a car before. Every dealership I've worked with so far, which has been 4 now, is so flakey and inconsistent. I'll talk to one sales person one day and then try to call and email them the next and their MIA for a week! Drive four hours from home to meet with a sales guy and get a trade in appraisal and he doesnt go into the office that day, then pushy sales people saying if I don't sign papers today then they'll cancel the reservation and deposit I've had on the car since April 24th :crazy: Such a PITA.

Has anyone gotten the Subaru remote start or fog lights installed on their XT premium? What'd it set you back? One dealer told me the remote start is $800 and fogs are $550, not sure if that was including install or what but I know they're both way cheaper on subarugenuineparts.com.

#13 ·
Nice wheels man! Whats the offset?

Man I have never had such a hard time purchasing a car before. Every dealership I've worked with so far, which has been 4 now, is so flakey and inconsistent. I'll talk to one sales person one day and then try to call and email them the next and their MIA for a week! Drive four hours from home to meet with a sales guy and get a trade in appraisal and he doesnt go into the office that day, then pushy sales people saying if I don't sign papers today then they'll cancel the reservation and deposit I've had on the car since April 24th :crazy: Such a PITA.

Has anyone gotten the Subaru remote start or fog lights installed on their XT premium? What'd it set you back? One dealer told me the remote start is $800 and fogs are $550, not sure if that was including install or what but I know they're both way cheaper on subarugenuineparts.com.

Yeah, I wouldn't pay them 550 for the fogs...I am sure that includes install. You could get the fogs around 200 or so and install yourself. That's what I did after you install one side of the fog light the other side takes you a few minutes. lol

I don't have the remote start so can't chime in on that but those prices are outrageous from the dealer.

#10 ·
Got all my paper work squared away today. Woke up at 5:30 am to drive 4 hours to the dealer, spent about 2 hours there, drove 4 hours home, packed all my stuff for a 5 day hitch, drove 2 hours to work. Started my 12 hour shift at 8:00 pm. It's gunna be a tough night. Worth it though :rock:

The car is scheduled for delivery in CO on May 19th, I'll drive down and pick it up May 21st. Hoping they get everything installed before then. Went with dealer tint, clear bra, fog light kit, and remote start for the extras.

#17 ·
Well, after reading through Sways entire journal again, I stuck with some serious choices to make.

I emailed nameless to see if I can get a CBE with quad tips rather than dual, I figure if I'm gunna shell out the coin might as well make it look good too. So depending on what they say next purchase will either be the exhaust, or the STi front lip. I know shipping is outrageous but it's just too damn sexy to say no!

Also got my rola vortex roof basket delivered today. And should be picking up my XT Wednesday or Thursday. Dealer wants me to go thursday so they have plenty of time for fogs, tint, clear bra, and remote statrt but I asked him to try and get it all done tomorrow cause I don't want to wait another day!

#20 ·
Right on man!

Good luck dealing with Nameless. They shut me down when I asked them this back in December/January. Now that the 15 WRX is out, their focus is on that model. They will tell you to purchase their dual 14FXT pipes. Our only option is to get the full catback for the 15 WRX/STI which just released to order. I've heard it's identical to ours but no one has really confirmed. If it is, I will be ordering it.

I say go for the STi lip first! But let me know what Nameless tells you. You should ask about what they think of fitting the 15 WRX on ours.

#19 ·
Hey man it's not my fault they take so long to get it to me! haha It's a very serious problem though :crazy:

It's a whole new world with a car that has seemingly limitless aftermarket mods available whereas the XV market things slowly trickled out over a long period of time.

#23 ·
I really hope nameless is willing to work on something with me cause I'd like to have the performance aspect as well but those are huge price differences so I'll definitely check it out. It has to come from a sedan correct? And are you guys talking full cbe exhaust or just mufflers? Thanks for all the info!

#26 ·
So I picked up my 15 XT Premium yesterday. Not exactly a smooth morning, my sales person got in a wreck on the way there so he was late, then when I got there they had just started tinting my window. Two hours later they were done with tint and prep so I was clear to leave. Tried to haul a$$ out of denver because there was a severe thunderstorm morning though the area with hail.

The drive home was about 270 miles, and for almost 200 of it there was a tornado watch with hail and flash flooding likely. Not exactly what you want to drive to drive your new car through haha. Luckily I missed all the hail and most of the rain, I dodged a tornado by about 20 minutes. Sketchy stuff!

After the drive here's what I love so far: BOOST, I've never owned a turbo vehicle before so this is rad. Visiblity is awesome, interior is real nice for being the cheaper model, 2015 premium comes with heated seats AND the nice leather shifter bezel! So stoked. Overall very pleased with it.

Today I took it down to get new wheels, it looks wayyyyy better. While at the shop a guy pulled up in a 13 wrx with an invidia exhaust, I asked if he had his stock and he said 'no but I've got an SPT one if you want to buy it' EPIC WIN :rock:

So I'll pick it up from him next week, 3000 miles on it for $400 sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to debadge, mudflaps, wrap grill and fog light housing flat black, maybe paint brake calipers, and roof basket :bananapartyhat:

#30 ·
Haha I thought the same thing, managed to time it all perfectly though. I guess a hailstorm ripped through downtown Billings the other day and cars got destroyed. Just to be safe I changed my deductible to $100 for cosmetic repairs. Fingers crossed nothing happens!

#36 ·
It wasnt terrible, the drone, but I bought the car because of how quiet it was on the inside and that went away with the exhaust.

Make sure you have a good original gasket on the new mid pipe or try to source a new one. I reused the original on mine mostly because I couldnt find a part number for a new one.

Instal is pretty simple and didnt take more than an hour.

#39 ·
Holding off on the SPT exhaust for a bit. Got a big road trip planned and would rather have the extra cash for other things right now. Definitely want to get an exhaust system down the road though. Got the Gorilla mud flaps installed, took me about 20 minutes. I'm happy with how my red on the bottoms turned out. Might add the Gorilla stickers onto em. Sorry for the edited iPhone pic, hazy skies are killing my camera.

#48 ·
Thank you! I ended up plastidipping them. I wanted to wrap them and ordered some vinyl wrap from Premium Auto Styling at the beginning of the month so it'd be here before the car, still haven't gotten it...

Might add a coat of glossifier down the road but happy with it right now.

#50 ·
Your XT is looking awesome, especially that grille. Going to plasti dip the grill on my white '15 XT this weekend. I think I am also going to plasti dip the white portion at the bottom of the bumper (under the existing black portion of the bumper), if that makes any sense?

Did you leave the grille on and just spray it? Any tips/tricks that you learned?

Hooray for easy mods! :woohoo:

#51 ·
Nice it'd be cool to see that!

I removed the grill to paint it. It comes off in three parts, the upper chrome lip on the hood is a little tricky to take off but you just start at a corner and pull, there's little push-in clips that'll release and then it's easy. As Sway said earlier might be good to pick up a can of gloss, Walmart actually carries plastidip glossifier so you can keep it cleaner.

For me I'd rather remove than mask, but I've also done this before. Just take your time and be patient!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.