Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2015 Forester announcement date

92K views 151 replies 49 participants last post by  pleiad7 
#1 ·
As I recall the 2014 Forester was announced in November 2012, and became available for purchase in February 2013. It has been almost a year since the last announcement.

I have searched but I can find nothing about when to expect some information on the 2015 model. Any changes would probably be minor, maybe even non-existent, but I'd like to know before taking the plunge on buying the current 2014 model.

Anybody heard anything other than speculation?

#5 ·
It might be nice to have paddle shifters on the CVT too.
:icon_eek: :icon_eek:

It seems again, that the US Forester versions have a poorer equipment than the European ones, especially concerning the versions with CVT transmission.

For German Foresters with CVT transmission the paddle shifters are a standard equipment.

Look here on the website of Subaru Germany:
Hand- und Automatikgetriebe des Allrad SUV Subaru Forester (manual and automatic transmission of the allwheel SUV Subaru Forester)
paddle shifters = Schaltwippen in German

You also can see on this website, that the X-Mode is a standard equipment of the German CVT Forester, as I posted already in another thread.

You also can find both paddle shifter and X-Mode on the websites of the British Forester versions:

2.0i XE - New Forester - Vehicles - Subaru Uk

2.0i XE Premium - New Forester - Vehicles - Subaru Uk

2.0i XT - New Forester - Vehicles - Subaru Uk

Sorry, from European point of view this poorer equipment of the US Forester versions is a little bit peculiar - or is that even the main reason of the cheaper prices of the US Foresters?

#4 ·
New redesigns are usually released early in the year, like the 2014 Forester being released in the beginning of 2013.

Since 2015 MY Forester will not be a redesign, you can expect it to be released closer to the Fall of 2014.

Also, like Tony pointed out... do not expect many changes. Would be lucky to see some changes in packaging of options.

#8 ·
The 2012 Subaru Forester went on sale in October 2011.

The 2013 Subaru Forester orders were accepted beginning in June 2012.

The redesigned 2014 Subaru Forester went on sale in March 2013.

This same topic was up for discussion between the 2009 and 2010 Foresters, which can be seen here:
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f151/2009-vs-2010-release-date-48911/

According to cars101.com, the 2009 arrived at dealers in 3/2008 while the 2010 arrived at dealers in 6/2009

#9 ·
GMork said:
Sorry, from European point of view this poorer equipment of the US Forester versions is a little bit peculiar - or is that even the main reason of the cheaper prices of the US Foresters?
The weak dollar bears some of the blame, having struggled against the yen for most of the past decade. Japan-sourced models often are spec'd down to maintain a competitive price point.

Vehicles here generally are less expensive due to nominal taxation (the 9% I paid in California is considered high by U.S. standards) and the size of the U.S. market, the world's 2nd-largest and most competitive. Pricing benefits from volume.

#12 ·
I expect to wait for the 2015 as well. I'm hoping for the following:

1. Making the passenger seat height adjustable.
2. Decoupling navigation from the H/K audio system (I want the latter but not the former).
3. The oil consumption issue is resolved.
4. Paddle shifters on all CVTs.

#20 ·
Hey, Bernie!

Our FB25-equipped 2012 Forester's oil consumption ranges between 1 qt / 2K miles to 1 qt / 4K miles; 0W-20 is recommended.

Our EJ25-equipped 2009 Forester's engine oil consumption was not noticeable; 5W-30 was preferred.

Regards,
Jim / crewzer

#21 ·
I always anticipate a little bit of consumption on a turbo engine, but it hasn't been noteworthy so far on my XT.

The '04 WRX I had needed roughly one top-up between changes, which is well within the norms of an engine running much more boost over stock. As my tuner said, "some oil use is expected at these power levels -- keep an eye on it".

#23 ·
My 2006 XT just used 1 quart in the last 3000 miles on Valvoline full synthetic.
Not bad, but no Honda. I had a Civic SI for 195000 miles, do not consume a drop of oil.
I was wondering if the new Foz went from the traditional Subaru small amount of oil consumption to a large amount.

#29 ·
Re: Nissan's CVTs, the strange thing about them is that every review I've read of a Nissan CVT-equipped car is glowingly positive.........very odd.

Mind you, I have still NEVER driven a CVT car (yet) but Geo's post is the first one that speaks to Nissans as being crummy.....

Steve

#30 ·
Car and driver review of the 2014 Rogue: Going Rogue

The JATCO-supplied CVT makes a good starting point for our discussion of driving impressions, because as we trundled along the highways around Nashville, listening to the engine wind up through the CVT reminded us of how annoying such a transmission can be.
Motortrend review of the 2014 Rogue: 2014 Nissan Rogue First Drive - Motor Trend

Unfortunately, any delusion that this is a sports car disappears with a firm stab on the throttle. With max power coming in at 6000 rpm and max torque at 4400 rpm, the CVT keeps the engine droning away at high revs to make any sort of power. While the redesigned Xtronic transmission does attempt to simulate shifts at higher engine speeds, the end result is still a lot of noise and annoyance relative to perceived acceleration.
Another major downside worth pointing out about the 2014 Rogue... the huge blindspots out the back corners, just like the CRV, CX-5, etc.

#31 ·
Thanks, Geo!

Interesting articles........personally, and w/o any bias since I freely admit that I've not driven any of the CVTs, I much prefer a multi speed EAT (as in 6-9 speed auto trans)....but, again, this is a subjective thing based on the ATs that I have owned over the many years........

Old habits die hard, I guess.....

Steve

#32 ·
Interesting articles........personally, and w/o any bias since I freely admit that I've not driven any of the CVTs, I much prefer a multi speed EAT
If someone were looking to buy a new CUV with an EAT, I would think the 2014 Jeep Cherokee with its 9 speed AT would be a good option.

Only thing that would keep me from buying one is the looks... the front end is hideous.

#33 · (Edited)
I nominate that vehicle "most likely to be recalled" for 2014. Fiat, Chrysler, new 9-speed auto with half-baked software -- a perfect storm.

There's speculation that the 4 cyl model won't be able to use 9th due to the ratio being too tall. The TCU will select it a few times, notice the engine lug, downshift to 8th, then eventually learn to never go there.

It's something to watch while we wait for Subaru to figure out our hard starts.

#34 ·
I nominate that vehicle "most likely to be recalled" for 2014. Fiat, Chrysler, new 9-speed auto with half-baked software -- a perfect storm.

There's speculation that the 4 cyl model won't be able to use 9th due to the ratio being too tall. The TCU will select it a few times, notice the engine lug, downshift to 8th, then eventually learn to never go there.
That is the reason they delayed the release by over 2 months.

They had a lot of them built, but went back through and fixed the issues with the transmission never making it to 9th gear.

2014 Jeep Cherokee crossover will arrive in dealerships soon - Autoweek

I agree though, it will be interesting to see how it performs.

#38 ·
IMO, it is not going to be much of a guide comparing the complete redesign (2014) to a model year that will likely just be a change in options and packages.

The 2014 was being revealed in November 2012. The press were allowed to drive the prototype in November 2012. There were spy shots of the 2014 in March of 2012.

Prices and options were announced Jan. 18, 2013.
Orders were accepted Jan. 24, 2013.
First arrival at dealers Feb. 25, 2013.

It will not be that early in the year for the 2015. I can assure you of that.

Based on the 2012/2013 releases, I would lean more towards an April ordering period (at the earliest) and June delivery (at the earliest).

You can see the dates for the previous model years here:
2009 Subaru Forester
2010 Subaru Forester- specs, images, details, prices
2011 Subaru Forester- specs, images, details, prices
2012 Subaru Forester- specs, images, details, prices
2013 Subaru Forester- specs, images, details, prices, options and packages

I would compare the releases of the 2009 to the 2010 models for the best idea of a 2014 to 2015 release date. (2009 orders open in Feb. / 2010 cars arrive in June)

#39 ·
Based on the 2012/2013 releases, I would lean more towards an April ordering period (at the earliest) and June delivery (at the earliest).

You might be right, but check out the link I posted in this thread (post #13), which has shows tentative initial deliveries of the '15s in April, which is still a couple of months later in the year than for the '14 MY. Given that orders may not be taken until March, that might be when details of any changes are available.

#40 ·
Just talked to a salesman, here on Maui and he said no more 2014 Forester turbo's ordering any more. Even told me that there are no premium turbo's in Hawaii. Said I could order a 2015 turbo, and would see it in about 4 months?? bottom of the food chain, I know. Anyway, fits with a March April delivery date. just sayin

#44 ·
#48 ·
Received this evening from Grand Subaru:

"Subaru just announced tomorrow evening will be the cut-off date to order a new 2014 Forester! All orders must be placed before 9PM tomorrow night.
Orders for the 2015 Forester models will resume in March of 2014!"

I think I will hold out for a 2015. Perhaps the radio connectivity will be better, and they may make the AWP available on the XT-Premium. Maybe a more vivid color choice too.

#49 ·
I wouldn't bet on any major changes in the '15 Forester. Maybe some minor improvements, but I wouldn't expect anything major. They have a winner on their hands, why mess it up.

So between tomorrow night and March of '15 no one can get a Forester except the ones sitting, if there are any, on dealerships lots? They lose 3 months of sales? Don't make sense.

#60 ·
Yeah right this is not Amazon but I dare question - WHY NOT ? This damn collusion between dealers and manufacturers doesn't benefit the buyer at all ! I pay and therefore car manufacturer's need to listen to me first and keep my interest front and center. Who and what are these dealers doing in between ! I don't give a damn about them. I'd rather buy directly from SUBARU.COM and have my car delivered directly at my door step. That day my friend is around the corner !!! Car dealers around the globe must figure out other businesses to pursue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.