Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

03 wrx seats

8K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Ntalsbn 
#1 ·
found some black 03 wrx seats on craigslist for 100 bucks. could probably try for 80$. is this a good deal, and are the significantly better that the stock seats in my 03 foz?????

#3 ·
That's a good price, but you'd have to look them over to see what condition they're in. :confused:

They'd be an improvement over your stock seats. Not as supportive as STi seats, but much better than your stock seats. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

#4 ·
i just feel like i roll around in the stock seats after all the upgrades to the rear :icon_mad:
ill consider it haha from the picture they look to be in good shape, but i dont know if i need to spend the money on seats right now.....:biggrin: thanks for the imput guys!!

#11 ·
well i contacted the guy and he is set firm at $100 and also sent me some more pictures. Says there are no stains or rips so $100 is still a great deal, as you all are saying these are a great investment. There was one issue he stated, that one of the rails the slide the seat has a slight bend, but the seat still moves fine. i guess im gonna have to go take a look at these friday when i get paid!

thanks bobby, i wouldnt wanna give up those seat warmers. ill being following your install if i end up purchasing these seats.

thanks!

#12 ·
I've only used the seat warmers a couple times & that was to test them after I transferred them to the STi seats. I guess you can tell I don't use them. :wink:

Depending how high or low you like your seat, you may opt to transfer the rails from your Forester seats to the WRX seats. :confused:

BTW, I paid around $800 for my STi seats, so $100 for a those WRX seats sounds like a pretty good deal! :cool:

Bobby...

#14 ·
haha i used those seat warmers almost everyday, much nicer than having to blast the heat in my face:biggrin:

Ill probably install the passanger side first and see if like the height, and if not then use the brackets i have now. I drove my buddies 03 wrx not to long ago, wish i would have paid more attention to the seats at the time instead of looking over the whole car, since he had just boughten it.

How much a difference is there compaired to the seats i have now?? Will i notice it dramatically? My big thing is, it gettin to the time of year when my money flow is slowing down and major mods wont be happening till spring. and i dont wanna do something that doesnt really have a major feel or difference. but it sounds like everyone love these things.

what are your thoughts??

#15 ·
The seat height won't be an issue on the driver's side, since the seat height is adjustable. The passenger seat height isn't adjustable & will sit around 2" lower than the stock Forester seat. Some shorter passengers may find the lower seating position uncomfortable. :wink:

Bobby...

#17 ·
For that price you will never be sorry you got them. The lateral support is much better than the stock Forester seats, which you will notice immediately if you have improved the handling at all. I found the cushions on my 04 seats to be a little bit harder than the cushions on my stock seats, but have no way of knowing how much use my WRX seats had seen. And in a about two months and 4,500 miles of daily use I love mine a little more every time I sit in them.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.