Details on "my" (in reality my girlfriend owns it) 1999 Forester L in Canyon Red Pearl aka the Red Panda
Currently I have a small list of things I need to fix:
- Head gaskets eventually when I HAVE to, it will overheat if not taken care of as it eats coolant and oil at a decent pace. There is also some heavy piston slap / rod knock on cold starts that mostly goes away once warmed up.
This car doesn't hardly have any major mods yet but this will change! Scroll past for pictures:
Performance / Exhaust
- Custom short ram intake attached to stock torque box
- Group A throttle body spacer
- Replica Borla Headers, non stainless
- '03 stock catalytic converter
- NGK BKR6E-11 V-Power spark plugs
- $30 SMP SG712 Front O2 sensor from eBay turned out to be a Denso and works great!
- $50 "Martins Mass Air Flow Sensor" from eBay to replace the stock 22794AA000 MAF sensor and works great!
Suspension / Brakes
- MB Motorsports Boost 17x7 et48 Gunmetal with 25mm spacers for a et23 final offset, for winter we are running some 215/55R17 Dean Wintercat XT tires
- 16" full size spare steelie from my '03 w/ Yokohama Geolander 215/60/16
Lighting / Electrical
- '03 Forester stock struts and springs
- '05 STI tophats front and rear, these were supposed to go on my '03 but I needed them on short notice for the '99
- '03 stock rear sway bar (almost 25% thicker than the stock 1999 RSB)
- '03 stock rear knuckle/hub/bearing/drums
- O'Reilly BrakeBest Select (96658RGS) front brake rotors
- O'Reilly BrakeBest Select (C721) ceramic front brake pads
- Unknown brand front strut bar
Audio / Video / Gauges
- Panasonic battery
- '03 alternator
- Fog lights tinted yellow
- Hella Optilux 2500 w/ 100w yellow bulbs, mounted on crossbars for off road flood lighting.
- Dual OE horns, added an extra stock horn off my '03
- Rear hatch dome converted to 6000k LED
- 6000k CREE LED projector reverse bulbs
- Kenwood KDC248U w/ 80GB iPod Classic
- Unknown model 6.5" Sony front speakers
- Crunch PowerZone P500.2 amp mounted under the driver seat
- Polk Audio db1040 subwoofer in a generic slim box in rear
- '03 steering wheel and airbag
- Subaru all weather floor mats in front
- Stock dead pedal from my '03
- Chrome license plate frames with tinted covers
- Spoiler (being painted then will mount)
- Subaru Aero roof rails with Thule Universal Flat Top ski/snowboard racks
- Red anodized aluminum valve stem caps
After a bath here it is!
Yellow fogs, a must have:
Assessing the worn and damaged suspension to repair:
This is the Forester as soon as we got it home. Seen in the picture is the proud owner of the vehicle, my wonderful girlfriend Amanda.