Details on my beater 1999 Forester L in Canyon Red Pearl
Currently I have a small list of things I need to fix:
- Head gaskets eventually when I HAVE to, it will overheat if not taken care of as it eats coolant and oil at a decent pace. There is also some heavy piston slap / rod knock on cold starts that mostly goes away once warmed up.
This car doesn't hardly have any major mods yet but this will change! Scroll past for pictures:
Performance / Exhaust
- Custom short ram air intake made from junk spare parts
- Group A throttle body spacer
- Replica Borla Headers, non stainless
- '03 stock catalytic converter
- NGK BKR6E-11 V-Power spark plugs
- $30 SMP SG712 Front O2 sensor from eBay turned out to be a Denso and works great!
- $50 "Martins Mass Air Flow Sensor" from eBay to replace the stock 22794AA000 MAF sensor and works great!
- TYC 2402 Radiator
Suspension / Brakes
- MB Motorsports Drifter Gloss Black 17x7 5x100/114 40 offset -- With 235/45R17 Hankook Icebear W300 tires.
- '03 16" full size spare steelie from w/ Yokohama Geolander 215/60/16
Lighting / Electrical
- '03 Forester stock struts and springs
- '05 STI tophats front and rear, these were supposed to go on my '03 but I needed them on short notice for the '99
- '03 Forester sway bar (almost 25% thicker than the stock 1999 RSB)
- '03 Forester rear knuckle/hub/bearing/drums
- O'Reilly BrakeBest Select (96658RGS) front brake rotors
- O'Reilly BrakeBest Select (C721) ceramic front brake pads
- Unknown brand front strut bar
Audio / Video / Gauges
- Panasonic battery
- '03 Forester alternator
- H4 3000k HID headlight bulbs (low beam only), DDM ballasts, and generic digital relay harness
- Fog lights tinted yellow
- Dual horns
- Kenwood KDC248U w/ 80GB iPod Classic
- Sony XS-GF1622X 6.5" front speakers
- '03 Forester steering wheel and airbag
- '03 Forester dead pedal
- Subaru all weather floor mats in front
- Red SMD LED dome light
- 6000k SMD LED hatch dome light
- Debadged rear end, removed faded and cracked AWD stickers from rear windows.
- Spoiler (needs painted before mounting)
- Subaru Aero roof rails with Thule Universal Flat Top ski/snowboard racks
- Red anodized aluminum valve stem caps and red Gorilla lug nuts
Current pics coming soon.
This is the Forester as soon as I got it home, totally stock: (Seen in the picture is my wonderful girlfriend Amanda)