Subaru Forester Owners Forum - View Single Post - (All Years) thebeephaha's Foresters: 2003 "Cross Sports XTi" & 1999 L
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
thebeephaha
Forum Member

Car Year: 2003
Car Model: XTi Cross Sports
Transmission: 4EAT :(
Gallery: 0
thebeephaha's Foresters: 2003 "Cross Sports XTi" & 1999 L

I started out here in December 2009 with with my now old disorganized and lengthy journal on my 2003 Forester X in Sierra Gold with 63k miles. I purchased the car fresh out of high school in 2006. At roughly 93k miles it was time to close that and start a over as my Forester dubbed the "Honey Badger" is entering an entirely new stage of it's life. I will get to that in a moment!

How she sits as of fall 2014 at just passed 111k, supercharged for over 11k, and without a doubt, one of the craziest cars here on the forum:

Latest:

Click here for '03 the Journal

I picked up a 1999 Forester L in July 2012 in Canyon Red Pearl with 142k miles on the clock in a sad state of disarray. Found it on Craigslist with the owner asking $2000 for transmission and head gasket problems. I took it for a test drive and found that the car took ages to go into D and the car was running on just springs, the shocks were entirely blown. To add to it all, it has a classic external head gasket leak. It was an east coast car so rust is a plenty on the underside but the interior and the exterior were very clean for the age. I offered $1500 for it and took it home! This car will be primarily a daily beater, winter-mobile, dog transport.

Click here for the '99 Journal

Below I will break down the details into two sections for each of the cars.

Thank you for looking!

'03 X & '99 L Journal + '02 Jaguar X-Type 2.5

Last edited by thebeephaha; 10-07-2014 at 08:28 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome