Subaru Forester Owners Forum - View Single Post - (All Years) thebeephaha's Foresters: 2003 "Cross Sports XTi" & 1999 L
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member
Car Year: 2003
Car Model: XTi Cross Sports
Transmission: 4EAT :(
thebeephaha's Foresters: 2003 "Cross Sports XTi" & 1999 L

I started out here in December 2009 with with my now old disorganized and lengthy journal on my 2003 Forester X in Sierra Gold with 63k miles. I purchased the car fresh out of high school in 2006. At roughly 93k miles it was time to close that and start a over as my Forester dubbed the "Honey Badger" is entering an entirely new stage of it's life. I will get to that in a moment!

How she sits as of fall 2014 at just passed 111k, supercharged for over 11k, and without a doubt, one of the craziest cars here on the forum:

Click here for '03 the Journal

I picked up a 1999 Forester L in July 2012 in Canyon Red Pearl with 142k miles on the clock in a sad state of disarray. Found it on Craigslist with the owner asking $2000 for transmission and head gasket problems. I took it for a test drive and found that the car took ages to go into D and the car was running on just springs, the shocks were entirely blown. To add to it all, it has a classic external head gasket leak. It was an east coast car so rust is a plenty on the underside but the interior and the exterior were very clean for the age. I offered $1500 for it and took it home! This car will be primarily a daily beater, winter-mobile, dog transport.

Click here for the '99 Journal

Below I will break down the details into two sections for each of the cars.

Thank you for looking!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
+ '02 Jaguar X-Type 2.5

Last edited by thebeephaha; 10-07-2014 at 07:28 PM.

Title goes here

video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome