Subaru Forester Owners Forum - View Single Post - ('09-'13) Superacerc's Garage/Journal
Thread: ('09-'13) Superacerc's Garage/Journal
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 08:37 AM   #13 (permalink)
Superacerc
Forum Member
Contributing Member
Supporting Member

Car Year: 2009
Car Model: 2.5xt w/ td05-20g
Transmission: 4EAT
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I'm still on the stock mufflers. I don't want the noise associated with aftermarket ones(been there before and have used up my share of tylenol for the headache associated with the drone).

I've removed the resonator however. Other than that I'm just a cobb downpipe, a straight through midpipe and stock mufflers. It sounds ok..... sometimes. It's super quiet as far as driving is concerned and I don't hear it inside much at all. As for the actual sound of it cruising with the windows down it sounds a bit raspy and not special at all. You can hear the turbo whistle at low rpms (when it's not making boost) kind of like a Diesel pickup. Under low RPM load you hear the typical boxer sound with a raspy wastegate flutter(not the most awesome sound), and under load at High RPM it sounds just fine and dandy and growls fiercly as I pass others by.

I'd take a VF 52 if I could find a well kept slightly used one for the right price but for the moment the price on the BNR 16g is the most tempting and the fact that it's not too crazy aggressive but way better than the stock TD04, and that I can use it with the stock TMIC to begin with till more funding appears.

My very next mod after the RAAMAT and ENSOLITE will be a Perrin/GS pulley to pep up the response and the STI rear sway bar.

Then I'll be moving to the new turbo and fuel pump. After that who knows exactly. I don't plan on going crazy on the power. If I can get up to 300 WHP out of this thing i'll be more than satisfied.