Subaru Forester Owners Forum - View Single Post - ('09-'13) Superacerc's Garage/Journal
Thread: ('09-'13) Superacerc's Garage/Journal
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 04:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
Superacerc
Forum Member
Contributing Member
Supporting Member

Car Year: 2009
Car Model: 2.5xt w/ td05-20g
Transmission: 4EAT
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)

So a few new facts. I decided to give the Cobb AP performance monitors a try. Keep in mind that I know that they can't exactly be super accurate, especially the dyno app (so i won't even talk about that) but here's what it says my car is doing for speed times:

I've been working on my 0-60 times trying to find out where the best shift point for my setup is at the moment (4eat in manual mode). At first I was getting 6.8 secs 0-60 cause I thought that shifting earlier (cause it just feels like it pulls harder in the lower or torquier RPM range) would deliver the best results (I was wrong). To me that was dissapointing having stage 2 cobb done. So I decided to experiment a little and see what the best times I could get were. So far the best I've done is 5.8 secs by shifting around the 5000 rpm area for first and 2nd which puts me right at 60 when switching to 3rd. 5.8 secs was in the morning with about 60 deg F and in the hotter part of the day at 85 deg I've managed about 6.1 secs.

I've tried a couple of 1/4 mile runs in an extremely deserted area ( no houses, cars, people and minimal animals, I am in texas after all) on my way home from work. My first run (both runs were at 85 deg F on a flat straight stretch) gave me a 15.1 sec @ 85 mph (i think that was it) and the second run on a different day after figuring out the best places to shift is getting me about 14.85 @ 91mph. Both of these runs did not warrant my best 0-60 time seen from the morning 0-60 check so I think if i had a better temperature and got a great 0-60 time I could pull off a 1/4 mile in about 14.6ish. (According to the Cobb however accurate it is).

From reading other's times with a very similar setup to mine I think that's about as good as I'm going to get without a PRO tune which would probably push it down to a low 14 on the Stock TD04. I don't plan on getting a custom tune with the TD04 however cause I forsee a new turbo on the horizon before the end of the year. Probably the BNR EVOIII 16g coupled with a fuel pump sometime after the summer and a mild tune around 17-18psi max with my stock TMIC.

In other News, I've Ordered Some RAAMAT and Ensolite and will be putting some sound barrier in my Foz to make my commute a comfy and quiet one. Should be in early next week and I'll take a few nights to install the stuff starting with the two front doors.

Last edited by Superacerc; 04-19-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Superacerc is offline   Reply With Quote