Subaru Forester Owners Forum - View Single Post - ('09-'13) Superacerc's Garage/Journal
Thread: ('09-'13) Superacerc's Garage/Journal
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 04:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Superacerc
Forum Member
Contributing Member
Supporting Member

Car Year: 2009
Car Model: 2.5xt w/ td05-20g
Transmission: 4EAT
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemanzu View Post
so the underlining question is, what route will you take with the forester? Lift it and make it large like the Jeep or lower it and make it more car like?
Well, That's the question I've been asking myself. But really I want it to be as off-road capable as possible for eventual snow clearance and such. I may lift it an inch and that's it. I just don't want to have to deal with the wheels coming toward the center due to the trailing arm's geometry and don't want larger tires for heavier un-sprung mass on my drive-train. I'll most likely leave it where it is. I am planning on whiteline 22mm sways to get rid of the sway (my last car was an 07 gli and it was very tight even stock) so it's annoying that the forester sways so much.

A little about myself: I'm a marine inspector in the US Coast Guard and move around alot. i hate the heat and have been ready to go north for a while and fully plan on it in 2013 when I transfer from Houston. I ride MX and love off roading of any sort. I also love fast. My dream setup for the forester would be as Rally based as possible to give me some offroad speed.

I've done a good bit of offroading here in Texas since I've been here and here's some links to my Photobucket albums (most pics are of other people since i took em but you can see me in there every now and then. Feel free to browse through the photobucket):

Big Bend National Park Nov 2011 pictures by superacerc - Photobucket

Hidden Falls Jan 2011 pictures by superacerc - Photobucket

Hidden Falls Off Road Adventure Park Nov 2010 pictures by superacerc - Photobucket

And my garage pics:

Garage pics pictures by superacerc - Photobucket

Enjoy!
Superacerc is offline   Reply With Quote