Subaru Forester Owners Forum - View Single Post - ('09-'13) Superacerc's Garage/Journal
Thread: ('09-'13) Superacerc's Garage/Journal
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 04:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Superacerc
Forum Member
Contributing Member
Supporting Member

Car Year: 2009
Car Model: 2.5xt w/ td05-20g
Transmission: 4EAT
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Well Here's my Forester the week I bought it (Dec 7 2011) (I like pics).
It's a 2009 XT Limited. It's got the all weather package and leather. Seems to have pretty much everything except navigation.

It's been a whole week so far and here's my first mods:

Removed the Snorkus:

I tried leaving it uncapped with the stock filter but it seemed to lag really bad so i capped it up.

I received my K and N filter and Cobb Access Port and installed them:

I was a big freightened at the idea of doing the stage 1 against the warning from cobb with the K and N filter. I tried it and it's logging fine. The A/F mixture seems to be at 0% when under normal throttle operations and only moves when letting off the pedal completely so I think it's doing all right. I'll do some extra data logging to make sure in the next few days.

The results of the Cobb and K and N seem great. It did about what i expected it to do. Definitely noticable (quite a bit) but nothing gut wrenching or super drastic. It feels more linear and able to hold boost longer through the gears giving it a little more mid rpm power.

I'm happy with that but will be scraping the funds together for a Downpipe and up pipe for my next mods. Probably next month or feb.

Thanks for tuning in!

I won't spend any time talking about my other vehicles cause it's a subaru forum but feel free to ask about or comment on them.
I've got an 07 Jeep Commander 4x4, 4.7L V8 w/4 low t-case, with Hella 500s on top, a roof rack, 2.5" lift, 31.8" BFG KM2's and tons of extras.

Also got a 66 Ford F100 Stepside:

What it looked like when i bought it:

My bikes:

Last edited by Superacerc; 08-01-2012 at 04:17 AM.
Superacerc is offline   Reply With Quote